Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Virtual Value

Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Between Work, Studies, my curiosity for everything and my family and friends I am struggling to find the time for my favorite past time - blogging and twitter! ; (

It brings me to wonder what exactly we are all doing in our on-line communities or more importantly why we participate!!

My friend ( the South African Paris Hilton ! ) recently admitted that she only partakes to be famous ( vymis in Afrikaans ), but hey she is the S.A version of Parys, so I will take her words with a pinch of salt.

As one of the web's many "lovers", I would love to believe that is something far more meaningful to the millions who pour their hearts and minds into the web.

Personally, as a scholar of life, for me it is partially the value of information sharing and the knowledge gained from the unqualified professors who frequent this world. I love you guys... ( blush ). Some are merely sharing your daily pains and joys - helping others figure out how to cope with similar issues. While others are really adding some great Value to our careers, passions, and quest for further knowledge.

I hope that my boyfriend ( who is def technologically challenged ) is wrong, and that there aren't people behind all this who work for some bigger fraud searching for all our answers ( i.e there is an actual human body behind Google spiders ).

Instead I will continue to gain joy in the fact there are millions of us around the world who understand the Virtual Value, that from mother to mother; social media to social media expert to social media expert and 24 yr old to 33 yr old, we see the importance of sharing our knowledge; recording our thoughts and collaborating across the world!




This is obviously not only an advertising ploy, or like Parys thinks a quick and easy make me famous method. Nope. This is our world, which after all we won't be living in forever. But there will be something we have left behind which our loved ones, followers, fellow twitters may remember us by. When you read this, think of Susan Boyle and wonder how we would have enjoyed her inspirational story without sharing it with each other... like Scott Monty says, everyone has a story!

Now if only I can hum dee dum about where to find the time!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Blog .. And there are many that read these blog’s and it inspires them in somewhat way, they do take something from it.
P.S And i especially like when you said "there will be something we have left behind which our loved ones, followers, fellow twitters may remember us by" so true .. J

 
Design by Pocket