Monday, March 30, 2009

Pa en Ma se kind...

Monday, March 30, 2009
A friend of mine advocates that your blog should be something personal, it's about your life and your daily experiences. Well then, I feel it my blogger duty to share with you the comedic and often strange plight of Pa en Ma se kind, namely me and my weird and wacky family.

Definitely not the stereo typical dysfunctional family that is now compared to Bart and Homer's comedic antics, but Pa and Ma se Kind' often frequent stunts should be considered for a Mnet TV Series ( I think ).

Picture yourself working with your Father, a highly respected man who was previously a principal and has struggled to leave these authoritative ways in the past as he now lives his work days out a corporate level. We don't only work at the same place, but in my utter wisdom I volunteered to work with this quirky character on a charity golf day as well, golf being his strength and logistics being mine ( kinda ). Now instead of obtaining my vocal (including commentary!) run-down of the week ahead at work, I am also privy to a short rendition of " Noel's why didn't you.." early in the morning. It can't be soo bad you must be thinking - until I tell we have frequent arguments about me not mailing him ( even though we live together ; 0 )


This is the same man who has taken credit for my straight hair, forgetting ( or ignoring ) the fact that I am naturally blessed with Diana Ross's style without even trying.


But I am definitely Pa se kind.. with my feet for the street and itch to participate in a lot of things ( a lot. ), I love my pa with all his strange nuisances. This is a man who wants his daughter who works with him to mail him, who wants a certain kind of supper in a certain kind of way ( but not my way ) and who still literally shouts at me to stop smoking! (I often have these day time nightmares of the man confiscating my smokes while I'm at work and have now been reduced to hiding around the corners! he he he )

He reminds me of the Father from War at Home, lol , somewhat. Particularly in terms of boyfriend scrutiny, as much as I prep them, I think he practices before hand to ensure that their first encounter of the 3rd kind will definitely blow them away never to return. That was when I was younger though, and now his tactics have changed slightly, to ensure that they stick around long enough to be roped into some manual labour he has been putting off. My fathers take on chores has always been that he kids to do that, and has quickly taught me that's why I need a boyfriend lol.

This is a sure sign that I am getting old. Worse yet, so is My Pa, and his antics are only to continue and most likely only get stranger!

My future husband is going to be a lucky man, for the short while that he lasts that is.. Not many son-in laws are blessed with both gardening and golf lessons every Saturday at the same "professional tutoring service" in Northcliff.

For any inquiries, please mail me... Hum Dee Dumdy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so its a clearly a case of the apple doesn't far from the tree then.......

Mego said...

lol - clearly!

Unknown said...

LOL!!! This is great. Hey, ask that friend of yours where he got his pearls of wisdom from that a blog should be personal ;)

 
Design by Pocket